LCOOL ACT - Bendethera 06 - 22-24 Oct
Ivan and Leanne - Apple
Cobbler and Custard
This recipe was brought to LCOOL by
from the ACT LCOOL group. Good for about 6 (but can double or quadruple the mixture for more), it will keep - most unlikely to last that long. It is made as a dessert in the large camp oven or bedourie for a Saturday night - an absolute cracker, and nearly everyone went back for seconds. The recipe is here:
Additives to taste custard and / or ice cream (Editors note: Best served with Loads of custard ;-))
- 1 box white or yellow cake mix
- 1 stick of butter (4 oz or 125gms) only need a couple of scrapes (1 oz)
- 2 cups water
- 2 tins apple pie filling any type of pie filling can be used (apple, peach or apricot) just cut into very small pieces.
- Line camp oven / bedourie with foil, empty pie filling into camp oven
- Empty cake mix on top of pie mix into camp oven and spread evenly
- Add 2 cups water and butter
- DO NOT MIX
- Cook with hot coals top & bottom for about 30 40 mins (1 hour for the double mixture).