John Kenniff - Selection of cold meats and home made Potato Salad
Not much you can say about cold meat, curried eggs and potato salad, but:
Cold meat selection.
Ensure you have a selection. Ham rolled around asparagus is always popular. Just plain ham as well, for those who don't like asparagus.
Chicken loaf, medium cooked roast beef, and some mild salami makes a nice selection.
Curried (devilled) eggs are likewise popular and go well, in the end :)) with other's bum hummers.
- Coliban or Desiree spuds are the best, I've found.
- Boil in their jackets, but don't overdo it.
- Peel when cold. Cut to size required.
- Make up a slurry of mayonnaise, sour cream, and stir together.
- Add some dry mustard, some white vinegar, some chopped chives, and a pinch of chicken salt.
- Stir all together and coat spuds with the mixture.
- Garnish with more chopped chives, although this is really a waste of time when the salad is rattling around in a fridge in the back of a Cruiser.