Dazza's Bean Dip (Secret Recipe, so shown here in code...)
- 1lt pack of Mobil 1
- tablespoon of muffler bearing grease
- 1lt halogen headlight fluid
- 14 packets nolathane bush white grease
- 2 teaspoons of orange blinker fluid
- paper from 3 Genuine oil filters, used. [genuine only!]
- 1 roll Teflon toilet paper.
- 1 Box of Redhead matches - just the red bits - chop finely
- Fill a frypan with biodiesel, and bring to the boil.
- add contents to frypan in order, stirring well and allowing contents to come back to boil before adding next.
- Ensure muffler bearing grease is warmed before adding to pan Add blinker fluid to color and stir
Now, pour contents through genuine filter media changing filter papers as required to keep flow. [thats why you need 3 filter papers, because of the biodiesel content 8-) ]
Now allow to cool to touch, then add contents to your underpants, and this will give you the same feeling as 12 hrs after eating the real version, which is where the teflon toilet paper comes in.
Gourmet Potato, Fetta and Olive Mash
- 8 Potatoes peeled
- Salt and Ground Black pepper
- Butter and Long Life Full Cream Milk or Cream
- 2 cups of marinated Black and Green Stuffed Olives
- About 100 gram of Fetta cheese (Australian is best as it crumbles better)
Peel the potatoes and boil in water for about 20 minutes in camp oven until tender. (Add a little salt during the boiling process).
When tender, drain water (test with skewer) add butter, milk, black pepper and some more salt to taste. (Over low heat mash together with a potato masher).
Finely slice all olives and stir evenly through mash.
Slice or crumble the Fetta and add into mash.
Once all mixed, keep warm over low heat if using gas or depleted coals under camp oven. Enjoy with meat, gravy, veggies and a nice glass of red.
The Black Betty Bum Burner Beef Curry
- 1kg trimmed diced quality beef rump (can substitute lamb)
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 tin of crushed tomatoes preferably with basil and oregano
- 1-2 tablespoons of curry
- 4 tablespoons of plain flour
- 2 tablespoons of Golden Syrup
- 2 chopped onions
- 2 crushed red apples or finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 400 ml beef stock either made up or make from stock cubes
- 1 large lemon
Heat oil and brown meat well with diced onion.
Put in saucepan.
Mix flour with water to form a thickening paste and mix in tomato crush and pour into mix
Add the balance of the contents and squeeze fully the lemon juice into the mix.
Cover with lid and simmer as high as possible without burning or evaporating the liquid for two hours.
Alternatively, The batch for the dinner was made with the pressure cooker which is my preferred method for about an hour.
David and William Sheridan
Easy Peasy Apricot Chicken:
- Some chicken (500G +) I use legs cos I like them but anything will do.
- An Onion, chopped / sliced
- A can of apricot nectar
- A can of Apricot chunks
- A packet of dry French Onion Soup mix.
- Veggies - I throw in whatever I have lying around. Small chunks of potatoes, carrot, zucchini, broccoli etc. etc.
Get the camp oven over the fire and brown the onion and chicken for a few minutes.
After a few minutes of this chuck in everything else.. Soup mix, the two apricot tins, the veges, and then set the oven up as an oven for about 45 - 60 minutes. Check it after a while and add some water if its too dry. Make it sloppy so the rice you serve it with will soak up all the juices.
If there is a fire ban or youre in a rush you can do this in a Hillbilly camp oven over a normal gas stove in about 25 minutes.
This recipe was brought to LCOOL by
from the ACT LCOOL group. Good for about a dozen (but can double the mixture for more). Will keep - most unlikely to last that long. It is made as a dessert in the large camp oven or bedourie for a Saturday night - an absolute cracker, and nearly everyone goes back for seconds.
Additives to taste custard and / or ice cream
(Editors note: Best served with Loads of custard - also, for a big thick crust, double the cake mix and water ;-))
- 1 box white or yellow cake mix
- 1 stick of butter (4 oz or 125gms) only need a couple of scrapes (1 oz)
- 2 cups water
- 2 tins apple pie filling any type of pie filling can be used (apple, peach or apricot) just cut into very small pieces.
Line camp oven / bedourie with foil, empty pie filling into camp oven
Empty cake mix on top of pie mix into camp oven and spread evenly
Add 2 cups water and butter
DO NOT MIX
Cook with hot coals top & bottom for about 30 40 mins (1 hour for the double mixture).